The Medmastery Show - Episode #4: Eugene Braunwald | Career Advice From A Cardiology Superstar
Today's guest is none other than Dr. Eugene Braunwald. He's the godfather of modern cardiology.
You can listen to it in one of three ways:
- You can subscribe to the show on iTunes (recommended)
- You can download the audio file (32 MB)
- You can listen to it on the bottom of this page
About Eugene Braunwald
Today's guest is none other than Dr. Eugene Braunwald. He's the godfather of modern cardiology. Here are a couple of facts about him:
- According to Science Watch, he’s the most cited author in cardiology with over 1100 publications.
- He received countless awards and has worked with Nobel laureates like Andre Cournand.
- He’s the author of the seminal cardiology textbook "Braunwald’s Heart Disease".
- He was the chief of cardiology at the National Heart, Lung and Blood institute.
- He founded the department of Medicine at the University of California, San Diego and chaired the department of medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
- And besides all his accomplishments, Dr. Braunwald is passionate about music and a real family man.
In this interview, you will learn several important lessons like:
- The key mindset that will help you to be successful in research and patient care
- How Dr. Braunwald defines success
- The most important character traits in order to succeed in medicine
- Dr. Braunwald's must-read books for any doctor
- How to ask really important questions
- How to approach a mentor
- And much, much more