About Eugene Braunwald
Today's guest is none other than Dr. Eugene Braunwald. He's the godfather of modern cardiology. Here are a couple of facts about him:
- According to Science Watch, he’s the most cited author in cardiology with over 1100 publications.
- He received countless awards and has worked with Nobel laureates like Andre Cournand.
- He’s the author of the seminal cardiology textbook "Braunwald’s Heart Disease".
- He was the chief of cardiology at the National Heart, Lung and Blood institute.
- He founded the department of Medicine at the University of California, San Diego and chaired the department of medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
- And besides all his accomplishments, Dr. Braunwald is passionate about music and a real family man.
In this interview, you will learn several important lessons like:
- The key mindset that will help you to be successful in research and patient care
- How Dr. Braunwald defines success
- The most important character traits in order to succeed in medicine
- Dr. Braunwald's must-read books for any doctor
- How to ask really important questions
- How to approach a mentor
- And much, much more