Inspiration and energy is what you’ll get from today’s interview. I promise you that. There are lots of nuggets of wisdom that you can apply and use in your own life. Today’s guest is Dr. Dan Siegel.
You can listen to our conversation in one of three ways:
- You can subscribe to the show on iTunes (recommended)
- You can download the audio file
- You can listen to it on the bottom of this page
He’s an internationally acclaimed psychiatrist and New York Times bestselling author. He received his medical degree from Harvard Medical School and then trained in pediatrics and psychiatry at UCLA.
Dr. Siegel is an internationally acclaimed mindfulness expert and is known for his work on the new field of Interpersonal Neurobiology. You’ll learn more about it in the interview.
He received many honors some of which include the UCLA psychiatry department's teaching award and several honorary fellowships for his work as director of UCLA's training program in child psychiatry. He is a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and is the Executive Director of the Mindsight Institute.
He has lectured for folks like the Dalai Lama, Pope John Paul II, Google University, the Minister of Education of Singapore and the Public School Superintendents of the United States. So you see, there are lots of people who trust his advice and whose lives he helped to improve.
Books and other resources discussed during the interview (in chronological order)
- The Mindful Therapist by Dan Siegel - Find it on Amazon
- Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain by Dan Siegel - Find it on Amazon
- Mind: A Journey to the Heart of Being Human by Dan Siegel - Find it on Amazon
- Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation by Dan Siegel - Find it on Amazon
- Dan Siegel's Website