Are workplace conflicts damaging relationships and causing you stress? In this video, Hayden Richards, MBBS FACEM, unveils a powerful strategy to transform conflict into a constructive force for change and growth.
Here's a sneak peek of what you’ll learn about in this video:
- Understand conflict: Discover why conflict is a natural part of any workplace and how our perception of it can be reshaped.
- The four-part process: Learn a practical approach influenced by the wisdom of clinical psychologists Marshall Rosenberg and Thomas Gordon.
- Observation: Articulate your observations of another person's behavior, focusing on raw data.
- Expression of feelings: Express your true feelings in a situation, fostering vulnerability and open communication.
- Identify unmet needs: Connect your feelings to unmet needs, allowing for self-awareness and empathy.
- How to make specific requests: Request a change in behavior, using non-threatening language for effective communication.
- Real-life application: Contextual examples will guide you through each step of the process.
Mastering this technique will lead to more productive and harmonious workplace interactions.
Have you ever clashed with another clinician over a patient’s treatment plan? These conflicts create tension, hinder effective teamwork, and compromise patient care.
What if you had the tools to handle these challenging situations constructively? In this course, you’ll learn how to build trust within your team, respond to unsolicited criticism, and deliver difficult feedback.