Remembering the specifics
In this chapter, you’ll find a quick overview of lower extremity arterial anatomy, clinical evaluation, and appropriate treatment.
- Remembering the specifics intro
- Reviewing normal anatomy on ultrasound
- Recognizing risk factors and clinically diagnosing atherosclerosis
- Differentiating ulcers
- Managing atherosclerosis
- Evaluating aneurysms
- Assessing peripheral artery disease
- Remembering the specifics quiz
Ordering and interpreting the ankle-brachial index (ABI)
This chapter shows you when and why to order an ABI, how to translate your data, and further directs your path to an accurate and efficient diagnosis.
- Ordering and interpreting the ankle-brachial index (ABI) intro
- Recognizing when to order an ABI
- Interpreting ABI waveforms
- Interpreting ABI numbers
- Going beyond ABI
- Ordering and interpreting the ankle-brachial index (ABI)
Performing a basic ABI
In this chapter, you’ll master the setup, procedure, and techniques of obtaining a quick and accurate ankle-brachial index (ABI).
- Performing a basic ABI intro
- Choosing a method
- Performing a manual ABI
- Mastering the ABI machine
- Performing a basic ABI quiz
Ordering and interpreting a basic arterial duplex
Here, you’ll learn everything you need to know about the arterial duplex: when to order it, how to interpret the results, and what to do next, all using real-life cases.
- Ordering and interpreting a basic arterial duplex intro
- Differentiating tests
- Interpreting duplex waveforms
- Calculating duplex velocities
- Ordering and interpreting a basic arterial duplex quiz
Performing an arterial duplex
Feel confident grabbing that probe and diagnosing that case in the emergency department. In this chapter, we show you how to scan a basic lower extremity arterial duplex.
- Performing an arterial duplex intro
- Identifying the basics
- Choosing the appropriate ultrasound probe
- Positioning the probe
- Identifying landmarks
- Mastering an arterial duplex protocol
- Performing an arterial duplex quiz
Interpreting anomalies and surgical cases
Going beyond the basic ABI and duplex, in this chapter we tackle rarer situations where your scanning skills will prove indispensable.
- Interpreting anomalies and surgical cases intro
- Evaluating stents and bypass grafts
- Investigating true aneurysms
- Diagnosing pseudoaneurysms
- Interpreting anomalies and surgical cases quiz
- Ultrasound Masterclass: Arteries of the Legs outro