Getting the basics right
Rethink echo views in congenital heart disease. Here, you’ll learn how to differentiate chambers in a familiar adult echo orientation and master sequential segmental analysis.
- Getting the basics right intro
- Getting oriented
- Identifying the building blocks of normal hearts
- Using the sequential segmental analysis
- Getting the basics right quiz
In this chapter, you’ll learn how to use transthoracic echocardiography to detect and master the evaluation of simple shunts commonly seen in adults.
- Simple shunts intro
- Characterizing simple shunts
- Detecting volume overload
- Differentiating atrial septal defects
- Recognizing common associations of atrial septal defects
- Identifying ventricular septal defects
- Reviewing the hemodynamics of ventricular septal defects
- Evaluating patent arterial ducts
- Simple shunts quiz
Atrioventricular septal defects
Here, you’ll learn how atrioventricular septal defects (AVSD) develop, how to differentiate between variations of AVSD, and what to look for in a patient after an AVSD repair.
- Atrioventricular septal defects intro
- Appreciating how defects develop
- Differentiating between variations
- Recognizing common post-repair complications
- Atrioventricular septal defects quiz
Left ventricular outflow lesions
Learn how to identify the level of left-sided outflow obstruction—from subaortic stenosis to around the bend in the aortic arch—and how to assess a repaired coarctation.
- Left ventricular outflow lesions intro
- Evaluating subaortic stenosis
- Assessing congenital aortic stenosis
- Detecting supravalvular aortic stenosis
- Diagnosing aortic coarctation
- Evaluating coarctation repairs
- Left ventricular outflow lesions quiz
Coronary artery disease
Explore the effects of coronary artery disease (CAD) on young people. Here, you’ll cover Kawasaki disease in toddlers and the differences between acquired CAD and congenital CAD.
- Coronary artery disease intro
- Characterizing coronary artery disease in the young
- Evaluating Kawasaki Disease
- Recognizing anomalous left coronary artery from the pulmonary artery
- Coronary artery disease quiz
Ebstein anomaly isn't solely a valve problem. In this chapter, you’ll learn how to use echo to identify and assess patients with Ebstein anomaly and common lesions linked to it.
- Ebstein anomaly intro
- Diagnosing Ebstein anomaly
- Assessing Ebstein anomaly
- Ebstein anomaly quiz
Right ventricular outflow lesions
Master right ventricular outflow lesions. Here, you’ll learn how to recognize pulmonary stenosis, identify outflow lesions, and diagnose double-chambered right ventricles.
- Right ventricular outflow lesions intro
- Recognizing pulmonary stenosis
- Identifying right ventricular outflow lesions
- Diagnosing double-chambered right ventricles
- Right ventricular outflow lesions quiz
Tetralogy of Fallot
This chapter dives deep into Tetralogy of Fallot. Learn all about its anatomical findings, repair techniques, and the common complications seen in adulthood.
- Tetralogy of Fallot intro
- Introducing Tetralogy of Fallot
- Appreciating that repair is not a cure
- Tetralogy of Fallot quiz
Transposition of the great arteries
Here, find out why you'll never see an adult patient with an unrepaired transposition. Learn how to distinguish between different types and recognize various repair techniques.
- Transposition of the great arteries intro
- Distinguishing transposition types
- Mastering the basics of congenitally corrected transposition
- Scanning patients with congenitally corrected transposition
- Grasping the basics of simple transposition
- Evaluating atrial switch procedures
- Assessing the Rastelli operation
- Examining arterial switch
- Transposition of the great arteries quiz
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease outro