Explore cutting-edge Parkinson’s treatments, including device-assisted and lesioning therapies. From deep brain stimulation to MRI-guided focused ultrasound and levodopa-carbidopa intestinal gel, discover the ideal therapy for each patient.
Here is what you’ll be able to do after completing this course:
- Identify patients with PD who have motor fluctuations, including wearing off and dyskinesias.
- Choose appropriate therapies to treat patients with motor fluctuations.
- Identify appropriate candidates for device-assisted or lesioning therapies for PD.
- Determine which device-assisted or lesioning therapy is most appropriate for individual patients.
- Counsel patients on which symptoms respond to the different device-assisted or lesioning therapies.
- Address common side effects and complications of device-assisted or lesioning therapies.
- Describe the common precautions for individuals with deep brain stimulators.
Learn to discuss therapeutic options, titrate treatments confidently, and navigate potential side effects. Elevate your expertise in Parkinson's care today!