In this chapter, you’ll cover common diseases of the liver and gallbladder, lab tests to order in patients with abnormal liver function, and signs to look for in a physical exam.
- Liver function intro
- Analyzing liver function
- Introducing liver diseases
- Taking an appropriate history
- Performing a physical exam
- Liver function quiz
Liver function tests
Here, you’ll take a deep dive into bilirubin and albumin physiology, and cover the prothrombin time test and common enzymes tested as part of a liver function test (LFT) panel.
- Liver function tests intro
- Reviewing bilirubin physiology
- Getting to know albumin physiology
- Covering the liver function panel
- Figuring out prothrombin time
- Liver function tests quiz
Patterns of abnormal liver function
This chapter will teach you how to identify abnormal LFT patterns and be able to take the appropriate next steps.
- Patterns of abnormal liver function intro
- Recognizing a hepatocellular pattern
- Identifying a cholestatic pattern
- Diagnosing isolated hyperbilirubinemia
- Patterns of abnormal liver function quiz
- Liver lab essentials outro