Fundamental concepts in strain imaging
In this chapter, we’ll cover the fundamental concepts of strain imaging as well as an overview of key terms to help you on your journey to becoming a strain imaging master.
- Fundamental concepts in strain imaging intro
- Introducing key strain imaging terms
- Defining tissue Doppler and speckle tracking
- Interpreting strain directions
- Fundamental concepts in strain imaging quiz
Technical optimization and image acquisition
In this chapter, we are going to apply optimization strategies during the acquisition of apical views to accurately measure global longitudinal strain.
- Technical optimization and image acquisition intro
- Communicating with patients
- Optimizing ECG quality and heart rate
- Optimizing the controls
- Technical optimization and image acquisition quiz
In this chapter we are going to cover the important post-processing challenges and solutions to generate accurate strain measurement results.
- Post-processing intro
- Verifying strain image quality
- Selecting the region of interest
- Assessing suboptimal tracking and strain results
- Post-processing quiz
Here, we’ll discuss and analyze an easy-to-understand bull's-eye plot display with color bar correlation to provide quantitative data of global longitudinal strain values.
- Strain analysis intro
- Interpreting the bull’s-eye plot
- Strain analysis quiz
Strain imaging limitations
In this chapter, we’ll discuss clinical, technical, and operator limitations that may challenge proper performance of strain image acquisition and image post-processing steps.
- Strain imaging limitations intro
- Recognizing patient and clinical limitations
- Identifying technical limitations
- Strain imaging limitations quiz
Cardiac pathology and strain patterns
Finally, we are going to discuss and analyze different types of cardiac pathology and patterns of strain imaging.
- Cardiac pathology and strain patterns intro
- Analyzing left ventricular dysfunction
- Analyzing amyloidosis
- Using strain imaging in cardiac oncology
- Cardiac pathology and strain patterns quiz
- Echo Masterclass: Left Ventricular Strain outro