Interpreting diagnostic tests
In this chapter you will learn how to determine the validity of diagnostic tests, including interpreting the sensitivity, specificity, and predictive value.
- Interpreting diagnostic tests intro
- Calculating sensitivity and specificity
- Determining how prevalence affects predictive value
- Establishing the effect of specificity on predictive value
- Interpreting diagnostic tests quiz
In this chapter you will learn how to diagnose COVID-19 using laboratory tests, what tests are available, and the benefits and limitations of each.
- Laboratory testing intro
- Testing for COVID-19 using RT-PCR
- Interpreting RT-PCR results over time
- Introducing antibody testing
- Exploring antibody test results
- Describing antigen testing for COVID-19
- Test validity in the context of COVID-19
- Laboratory testing quiz
In this chapter you will learn the most common CT findings in patients with COVID-19 and the benefits and limitations to using CT imaging to diagnose the disease.
- CT imaging intro
- Describing chest CT findings in COVID-19
- Following the time course of CT findings in COVID-19
- Diagnosing COVID-19 using CT imaging
- Analyzing COVID-19 case studies
- CT imaging quiz
- COVID Mini: Diagnostics outro