This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Consultants and Medmastery GmbH. CME Consultants is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
CME Consultants designates this online enduring material activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Use the most commonly employed pulmonary function test interpretation algorithm.
- Apply spirometry to the assessment of patients with suspected lung disease.
- Use lung volume measurements in the assessment of lung function.
- Use specialized tests of lung function to uncover respiratory disease.
- Use pulmonary function testing to guide management of diseases affecting the lungs.
- Use specialized tests of lung function to assess patients for selected circumstances (e.g., commercial air flight).
- Develop a step-wise approach to ordering pulmonary function tests in challenging cases with unclear diagnoses.
- Use lung function testing to help manage patients on mechanical ventilators in the ICU.
This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of Internists, Pulmonologists in Training, and Family Medicine Specialists.
This activity will encompass the following desirable physician attributes: Medical Knowledge, Professionalism, and Practice-Based Learning & Improvement.
The presentational methods for this activity will be Case Presentation and Lecture.
Instructions for participation
Each participant must successfully pass all quizzes of this activity with a grade of 100% and complete a post-evaluation form. Once completed, your certificate will be made available immediately for download. If you receive a score of less than 100%, you may retake the quiz until successful.
Hardware and software requirements
Medmastery requires a modern Web browser (Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome) and the latest version of Adobe Flash. Moreover, a PDF-Reader is required in order to view certain downloads. For questions or technical support, please contact [email protected]
The following planners for this activity have stated they have no relevant financial relationships: Franz Wiesbauer, M.D., MPH; Asha Daigle; Shelley Jacobs, Ph.D.; Clemens Lang, MD; Laura Pacey, PhD; Jessica L. Phillips, MD; Magdalena Schimke, PhD, MSc; Anna Wonnerth, MD; William T. Choctaw, M.D., J.D.; Harold D. Damuth, Jr., M.D.; Lester Holstein, M.D.; Michael Marchiano, M.D.; Nancy Williams; Priscilla Graham; and Stephanie Santos.
Michael A. Grippi, MD has nothing to disclose. The course content has been peer-reviewed for content validity and found to be evidenced-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.
This activity was launched May 13, 2019.
This activity is valid for credit through May 13, 2021.