This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Consultants and Medmastery GmbH. CME Consultants is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
CME Consultants designates this online enduring material activity for a maximum of 14.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Master cardiac CT contrast enhanced applications of native coronary arteries.
- Interpret non-contrast studies of the heart including coronary artery calcification and non-coronary applications.
- Determine when contrast enhanced cardiac CT is appropriate for quantifying left and right ventricular function.
- Determine when contrast enhanced cardiac CT is appropriate for cases of cardiac valvular or non-LV/RV chamber pathology.
- Distinguish when to perform and how to interpret contrast-enhanced cardiac CT in patient with prior CABG and coronary stents.
- Identify when to apply the use of cardiac CT [non-contrast and contrast enhanced] influenced by pre- and post-test likelihood as a function of age.
This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of Cardiologists, Internists, Family Practice Doctors, Cardiac Surgeons, Radiologists, Echocardiographers, and Specialists in Cardiac Nuclear medicine techniques. Furthermore, current Level II and Level III physicians certified in cardiac CT can benefit for documentation of 50 additional ‘mentored’ cases.
This activity will encompass the following desirable physician attributes: Medical Knowledge, Professionalism, and Practice-Based Learning & Improvement.
The presentational methods for this activity will be Lecture and Case Presentation.
Instructions for participation
Each participant must watch all the video lessons, successfully pass all quizzes of this activity with a grade of 70% or higher and complete a post-evaluation form. Once completed, your certificate will be made available immediately for download. If you receive a score of 69% or less, you may retake the quiz until successful.
Hardware and software requirements
Medmastery requires a modern Web browser (Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome) and the latest version of Adobe Flash. Moreover, a PDF-Reader is required in order to view certain downloads. For questions or technical support, please contact [email protected]
The following planners for this activity have stated they have no relevant financial relationships: Franz Wiesbauer, M.D., MPH; Shelley Jacobs, Ph.D.; Clemens Lang, MD; William T. Choctaw, M.D., J.D.; Harold D. Damuth, Jr., M.D.; Lester Holstein, M.D.; Michael Marchiano, M.D.; Nancy Williams; and Priscilla Graham.
John Rumberger, PhD, MD, FACC, FSCCT has nothing to disclose. The course content has been peer-reviewed for content validity and found to be evidenced-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.
This activity was originally released for credit on July 10, 2018.
This activity was reviewed on June 8, 2020.
This activity is valid for credit through July 10, 2022.