This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Consultants and Medmastery GmbH. CME Consultants is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
CME Consultants designates this online enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Apply hemodynamic principles to identify the purpose, parameters, and complications of dialysis AVFs, especially as seen on ultrasound.
- Diagnose AVF normalcy or obstruction based on ultrasound findings.
- Explain the capabilities and limitations of ultrasound evaluation of dialysis fistulas.
- Discriminate between different types of dialysis access (for example, radiocephalic, brachiocephalic, brachiobasilic).
- Decide if AVF revascularization is necessary.
- Describe the common risk factors and at-risk populations of kidney failure dialysis patients.
This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of Internists, Nephrology Fellows, Sonographers, and Physiologists.
This activity encompasses the following desirable physician attributes: Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, and Practice-Based Learning & Improvement.
Cultural Linguistic Competency and Implicit Bias
Important information regarding Cultural Linguistic Competency and Implicit Bias in CME can be found at: https://cmeconsultants.com/clcandib/.
The presentational method for this activity is Lecture.
Instructions for participation
Each participant must watch all the video lessons, successfully pass all quizzes of this activity with a grade of 70% or higher and complete a post-evaluation form. Once completed, your certificate will be made available immediately for download. If you receive a score of 69% or less, you may retake the quiz until successful.
Hardware and software requirements
Medmastery requires a modern Web browser (Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome) and the latest version of Adobe Flash. Moreover, a PDF-Reader is required in order to view certain downloads. For questions or technical support, please contact [email protected].
There is no commercial support for this activity.
The planners of this activity have nothing to disclose.
Elizabeth Tenny, BS, RVT, RDCS has nothing to disclose. The course content has been peer-reviewed for content validity and found to be evidenced-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.
August 22, 2022.
This activity is valid for credit through August 21, 2024.