This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Consultants and Medmastery GmbH. CME Consultants is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
CME Consultants designates this online enduring material activity for a maximum of 3.0AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Evaluate the rationale for performing carotid, vertebral, and subclavian artery ultrasound investigations.
- Optimize ultrasound scanner settings for extracranial arterial cerebral ultrasound investigations.
- Critically evaluate the expected hemodynamics and underlying pathology of carotid and vertebrobasilar circulation.
- Perform an ultrasound investigation of the extracranial carotid, vertebral, and subclavian arteries.
- Recognize normal and abnormal images and flow patterns in the carotid, subclavian, and vertebral arteries.
- Make and record accurate measurements from the ultrasound images and Doppler waveforms.
- Critically evaluate carotid stenosis grading criteria and plaque characterization tools for the appropriate interpretation of the data.
- Interpret scan results and produce succinct and reliable report of findings.
- Recognize when investigation findings require urgent action.
This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of Internists, Family Medicine Doctors, Cardiologists, Sonographers, Vascular Surgeons, Vascular Scientists, Radiologists, and Stroke Physicians.
This activity encompasses the following desirable physician attributes: Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, and Practice-Based Learning & Improvement.
The presentational method for this activity is Lecture.
Instructions for participation
Each participant must watch all the video lessons, successfully pass all quizzes of this activity with a grade of 70% or higher and complete a post-evaluation form. Once completed, your certificate will be made available immediately for download. If you receive a score of 69% or less, you may retake the quiz until successful.
Hardware and software requirements
Medmastery requires a modern Web browser (Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome) and the latest version of Adobe Flash. Moreover, a PDF-Reader is required in order to view certain downloads. For questions or technical support, please contact [email protected].
There is no commercial support for this activity.
The planners of this activity have nothing to disclose.
Theresa Fail, BSc, AVT has nothing to disclose. The course content has been peer-reviewed for content validity and found to be evidenced-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.
March 25, 2021.
This activity is valid for credit through March 25, 2023.