This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Consultants and Medmastery GmbH. CME Consultants is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
CME Consultants designates this online enduring material activity for a maximum of 5.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Utilize best practices in presentation creation and design
- Determine and implement the best medium for their teaching message
- Tailor their content to an online learning environment
- Identify the most pertinent information that needs to be included in their course
- Simplify and connect with novice learners
- Keep their videos short and engaging
- Plan course goals and learnings objectives
- Write effective scripts for on-camera videos
- Apply the editing process to refine scripts
- Design slides effectively for an online course
- Record audio like a rockstar
- Effectively engage with learners in both audio and video format
- Perform basic editing of recorded course content
- Write five-star multiple choice questions
- Provide feedback when teaching an online course
- Submit a successful sample video
- Create a design template in PowerPoint
- Find and choose images for an online course
This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of clinical teachers (anyone who teaches medical content), academic physicians of any specialty, as well as those of non-medical careers that want to learn about teaching online.
This activity encompasses the following desirable physician attributes: Professionalism and Interpersonal & Communication Skill.
The presentational method for this activity is Lecture.
Instructions for participation
Each participant must watch all the video lessons, successfully pass all quizzes of this activity with a grade of 70% or higher and complete a post-evaluation form. Once completed, your certificate will be made available immediately for download. If you receive a score of 69% or less, you may retake the quiz until successful.
Hardware and software requirements
Medmastery requires a modern Web browser (Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome) and the latest version of Adobe Flash. Moreover, a PDF-Reader is required in order to view certain downloads. For questions or technical support, please contact [email protected].
There is no commercial support for this activity.
The planners of this activity have nothing to disclose.
The faculty for this course, Nathanael Betz, Brigitte Mair, BA, Laura Pacey, PhD, Jessica Phillips, MD, and Franz Wiesbauer, MD, have nothing to disclose. The course content has been peer-reviewed for content validity and found to be evidenced-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.
June 14, 2021.
This activity is valid for credit through June 14, 2023.