This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Consultants and Medmastery GmbH. CME Consultants is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
CME Consultants designates this online enduring material activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Master the clinical anatomy and physiology of the gastrointestinal system
- Differentiate between acute abdominal pain that needs immediate surgical attention and pain that can be managed with medication and observation
- Think like an abdominal surgeon when it comes to acute abdominal pain
- Define the basic concepts of radiographic abdominal imaging modalities
- Determine the right imaging modality to order in various circumstances
- Master the most common causes of abdominal pain in adults
- Avoid common diagnostic pitfalls
- Determine which imaging modalities to use in the follow-up surveillance of adults with common causes of abdominal pain
This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of Resident Physicians (junior physicians), Family Doctors, Emergency Doctors, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants.
This activity encompasses the following desirable physician attributes: Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, and Practice-Based Learning & Improvement.
The presentational method for this activity is Lecture.
There is no commercial support for this activity.
The planners of this activity have nothing to disclose.
Olutayo A. Sogunro, DO has nothing to disclose. The course content has been peer-reviewed for content validity and found to be evidenced-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.
October 18, 2021.
This activity is valid for credit through October 18, 2023.