This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Consultants and Medmastery GmbH. CME Consultants is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
CME Consultants designates this online enduring material activity for a maximum of 5.0AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Master the elements of a focused neurological history and physical in patients with common brain and spinal cord disorders
- Identify common abnormalities on imaging studies of the brain
- Interpret radiological reports on imaging of the brain and spine
- Manage breakthrough seizures in patients with known seizure disorders
- Evaluate and initiate management of patients with spinal disorders, and determine which may require eventual surgical intervention
- Identify and initiate management of common neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Discriminate between various types of brain tumors and direct their care
- Identify and initiate management of common neurological disorders of children
This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of Emergency Medicine Physicians, Critical Care Specialists, Anesthesiologists, Internists, Family Practitioners, first year Neurology and Neurosurgery residents, PAs, and NPs.
This activity encompasses the following desirable physician attributes: Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, Professionalism, Practice-Based Learning & Improvement, and Systems-Based Practice.
Cultural Linguistic Competency and Implicit Bias
Important information regarding Cultural Linguistic Competency and Implicit Bias in CME can be found at: https://cmeconsultants.com/clcandib/.
The presentational method for this activity is Lecture.
Instructions for participation
Each participant must watch all the video lessons, successfully pass all quizzes of this activity with a grade of 70% or higher and complete a post-evaluation form. Once completed, your certificate will be made available immediately for download. If you receive a score of 69% or less, you may retake the quiz until successful.
Hardware and software requirements
Medmastery requires a modern Web browser (Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome) and the latest version of Adobe Flash. Moreover, a PDF-Reader is required in order to view certain downloads. For questions or technical support, please contact [email protected].
There is no commercial support for this activity.
The planners of this activity have nothing to disclose.
Gary R. Simonds, MD has nothing to disclose. The course content has been peer-reviewed for content validity and found to be evidenced-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.
This activity was originally released for credit on November 25, 2020.
This activity was reviewed on November 15, 2022.
This activity is valid for credit through November 24, 2024.