This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Consultants and Medmastery GmbH. CME Consultants is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
CME Consultants designates this online enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Identify the different stages of hypertension.
- Determine when to start antihypertensive treatment.
- Recommend the lifestyle changes that are most effective for lowering blood pressure in hypertensive patients.
- Decide which medication(s) to prescribe for hypertension.
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of common antihypertensive agents.
- Treat resistant hypertension.
- Recognize secondary causes of hypertension.
- Approach hypertensive emergencies.
This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of general practitioners, nurse practitioners, and internists.
This activity encompasses the following desirable physician attributes: Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, and Practice-Based Learning & Improvement.
Cultural Linguistic Competency and Implicit Bias
Important information regarding Cultural Linguistic Competency and Implicit Bias in CME can be found at: https://cmeconsultants.com/clcandib/.
The presentational method for this activity is Lecture and Case Presentation.
There is no commercial support for this activity.
The planners of this activity have nothing to disclose.
Franz Wiesbauer, MD has nothing to disclose. The course content has been peer-reviewed for content validity and found to be evidenced-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.
March 14, 2022.
This activity is valid for credit through March 14, 2024.