This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Consultants and Medmastery GmbH. CME Consultants is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
CME Consultants designates this online enduring material activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Use accurate language to screen, diagnose, and characterize substance use disorders.
- Conduct an addiction history and physical using nonjudgmental, patient-centered language.
- Assess for past and future complications of substance use disorders.
- Choose the best treatment options for patients with tobacco use disorder.
- Safely manage alcohol detoxification in the inpatient or outpatient setting.
- Master the treatment of patients with opioid use disorder.
- Effectively treat patients with acute intoxication from club drug toxidromes.
- Determine when treatment is warranted for patients using marijuana.
- Diagnose and treat benzo use disorder.
- Interpret urine drug testing results in the context of opioid prescribing and monitoring.
This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of Family Physicians, Primary Care Practitioners, Internal Medicine Residents, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Emergency Medicine Physicians and Residents, Hospitalists, and Psychiatry Residents.
This activity encompasses the following desirable physician attributes: Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, Professionalism, Interpersonal & Communication Skills, and Practice-Based Learning & Improvement.
Cultural Linguistic Competency and Implicit Bias
Important information regarding Cultural Linguistic Competency and Implicit Bias in CME can be found at: https://cmeconsultants.com/clcandib/.
The presentational method for this activity is Lecture.
There is no commercial support for this activity.
The planners of this activity have nothing to disclose.
Stephen R. Holt, MD, MS, FACP has nothing to disclose. The course content has been peer-reviewed for content validity and found to be evidenced-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.
March 7, 2022.
This activity is valid for credit through March 7, 2024.