This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Consultants and Medmastery GmbH. CME Consultants is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
CME Consultants designates this Internet Enduring Material Activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Prepare and perform an endotracheal intubation with both video and direct laryngoscopy.
- Utilize cardioversion or defibrillation to treat tachydysrhythmias.
- Effectively cardiac pace a patient transcutaneously and transvenously and troubleshoot common complications.
- Place central venous access using anatomic landmarks for the internal jugular, subclavian, and femoral veins.
- Place both over-the-wire and traditional chest tubes for pneumothorax therapy.
- Position a patient and perform a diagnostic lumbar puncture.
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for vertigo.
- Place a peripheral intravenous catheter.
- Recognize the adjustments to procedures necessary for the elderly population.
This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of Emergency Physicians, Critical Care Physicians, Internists, Anesthesiologists, Primary Care Doctors, and Urgent Care Providers.
This activity will encompass the following desirable physician attributes: Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, Professionalism, and Practice-Based Learning & Improvement.
Cultural Linguistic Competency and Implicit Bias
Important information regarding Cultural Linguistic Competency and Implicit Bias in CME can be found at: https://cmeconsultants.com/clcandib/.
The presentational methods for this activity will be Lecture with Q&A.
Instructions for participation
Each participant must watch all the video lessons, successfully pass all quizzes of this activity with a grade of 70% or higher and complete a post-evaluation form. Once completed, your certificate will be made available immediately for download. If you receive a score of 69% or less, you may retake the quiz until successful.
Hardware and software requirements
Medmastery requires a modern Web browser (Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome) and the latest version of Adobe Flash. Moreover, a PDF-Reader is required in order to view certain downloads. For questions or technical support, please contact [email protected].
There is no commercial support for this activity.
The planners of this activity have nothing to disclose.
Siamak Moayedi, MD has nothing to disclose. The course content has been peer-reviewed for content validity and found to be evidenced-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.
This activity was originally released for credit on September 17, 2018.
This activity was reviewed on July 1, 2020, and August 23, 2022.
This activity is valid for credit through September 16, 2024.