This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Consultants and Medmastery GmbH. CME Consultants is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
CME Consultants designates this online enduring material activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Identify core structures in the right heart and why they matter
- Differentiate normal from abnormal morphology
- Use the most appropriate TTE views to assess the right heart
- Summarize findings on an accurate, complete, and succinct TTE report
- Measure and estimate right ventricular morphology and systolic function
- Discriminate what odd-shaped structures are expected in the right atrium
- Identify the role and morphology of the right-sided valves
- Determine what the estimated pulmonary artery pressure is and how it signifies degrees of disease
- Utilize novel methods for scanning and assessing the right heart and its function
This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of Echocardiographers in training, Cardiologists, Internists, and Physiologists.
This activity encompasses the following desirable physician attributes: Medical Knowledge, Practice-Based Learning & Improvement, and Systems-Based Practice.
Cultural Linguistic Competency and Implicit Bias
Important information regarding Cultural Linguistic Competency and Implicit Bias in CME can be found at: https://cmeconsultants.com/clcandib/.
The presentational method for this activity is Lecture.
There is no commercial support for this activity.
The planners of this activity have nothing to disclose.
Cristiana Monteiro, BSc (Hons), CCDS, ECDSAP has nothing to disclose. The course content has been peer-reviewed for content validity and found to be evidenced-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.
February 21, 2022.
This activity is valid for credit through February 21, 2024.