This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Consultants and Medmastery GmbH. CME Consultants is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
CME Consultants designates this online enduring material activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Differentiate between different types of dialysis modalities including in-center hemodialysis, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis.
- Master the different components of a hemodialysis prescription from dialysis access to filters to dialysate composition.
- Explain the different types of hemodialysis complications from access complications to intradialytic complications.
- Describe to a patient how peritoneal dialysis works and how it is performed.
- Identify the different components of peritoneal dialysis including access and dialysate solutions.
- Describe both infectious and non-infectious complications of peritoneal dialysis.
- Determine dialysis adequacy for hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
- Master the different types of continuous dialysis.
- Recognize when continuous dialysis should be used in special situations.
This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of Nephrologists in training, Internists, Intensivists, ICU Nurses, Mid-level Practitioners, and Primary Care Physicians.
This activity encompasses the following desirable physician attributes: Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, and Practice-Based Learning & Improvement.
The presentational method for this activity is Lecture.
Instructions for participation
Each participant must watch all the video lessons, successfully pass all quizzes of this activity with a grade of 70% or higher and complete a post-evaluation form. Once completed, your certificate will be made available immediately for download. If you receive a score of 69% or less, you may retake the quiz until successful.
Hardware and software requirements
Medmastery requires a modern Web browser (Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome) and the latest version of Adobe Flash. Moreover, a PDF-Reader is required in order to view certain downloads. For questions or technical support, please contact [email protected].
The following planners for this activity have stated they have no relevant financial relationships: Franz Wiesbauer, MD, MPH; Shelley Jacobs, PhD; Asha Daigle; Shirley Hutchinson; Clemens Lang, MD; Laura Pacey, PhD; Jessica L. Phillips, MD; Magdalena M. Schimke, PhD, MSc; Anna Wonnerth, MD; William T. Choctaw, MD, JD; Harold D. Damuth, Jr., MD; Lester Holstein, MD; Michael Marchiano, MD; Nancy Williams; Priscilla Graham; and Stephanie Santos.
Daphne Harrington Knicely, MD has nothing to disclose. The course content has been peer-reviewed for content validity and found to be evidenced-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.
January 27, 2020.
This activity is valid for credit through January 27, 2022.