This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Consultants and Medmastery GmbH. CME Consultants is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
CME Consultants designates this online enduring material activity for a maximum of 4.0AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Master the use of window, level, and data filtering settings to optimize the display of CT images for the suspected pathology
- Recognize and differentiate hemorrhage into the subarachnoid, subdural, and epidural spaces
- Describe the CT findings for acute infarction and the evolution of infarctions
- Demonstrate the role of CT angiography and perfusion CT for the stroke patient
- Describe the CT findings for non-traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Recognize intra- and extra-axial hemorrhages and tumors
- Recognize common traumatic injuries of the brain and skull
- Distinguish between brain masses caused by tumors, infections, and demyelinating diseases
- Identify CT findings in patients with metabolic disorders
- Recognize common diseases involving the skull that can be diagnosed with CT such as multiple myeloma, fibrous dysplasia, and osteoma
This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of Neurosurgeons, Neurologists, Internists, Intensivists, Emergency Doctors, Radiology Residents, Medical Students, CT Technologists.
This activity encompasses the following desirable physician attributes: Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, and Practice-Based Learning & Improvement.
Cultural Linguistic Competency and Implicit Bias
Important information regarding Cultural Linguistic Competency and Implicit Bias in CME can be found at: https://cmeconsultants.com/clcandib/.
The presentational methods for this activity are Lecture and Case Presentation.
Instructions for participation
Each participant must watch all the video lessons, successfully pass all quizzes of this activity with a grade of 70% or higher and complete a post-evaluation form. Once completed, your certificate will be made available immediately for download. If you receive a score of 69% or less, you may retake the quiz until successful.
Hardware and software requirements
Medmastery requires a modern Web browser (Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome) and the latest version of Adobe Flash. Moreover, a PDF-Reader is required in order to view certain downloads. For questions or technical support, please contact [email protected].
There is no commercial support for this activity.
The planners of this activity have nothing to disclose.
Alexander Mamourian, MD has nothing to disclose. The course content has been peer-reviewed for content validity and found to be evidenced-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.
This activity was originally released for credit on October 27, 2020.
This activity was reviewed on October 24, 2022.
This activity is valid for credit through October 26, 2024.